-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, June 6, 2016

In A Vase on Monday Major Cheating and A Drawing.

In A Vase on Monday is hosted by Cathy at Rambling in the Garden.  Click here to see her vase this week and links to those of others. Thank you Cathy for hosting this fun meme!

This weekend, it was quite warm and I wasn't inspired to bring any flowers inside although there are some beautiful blooms out there right now.  Instead, while at Vassey, I picked some flowers that I'd admired at several other nurseries but were less than half the price so they had to come home with me. 


Looks a bit like an aloe or agave no?


Vassey gets the coolest tissue prize!

Just up the road at Watson's Nursery, I'd admired this  vase for several months but heaven knows I don't need another vase to add to what my niece has dubbed my "Treasure Trove of Crazy." It was the pineapple-shaped teapot from last week that sent her over the edge. 



It's interactive.  One can re arrange the flowers each time he or she walks by. 
Since I like but don't need to keep these, I've decided to do a drawing to celebrate my fourth  blog anniversary on June 27.  All you have to do is leave a comment on this post by June 23rd.  Names will be thrown into some receptacle and one (or should there be five names - one for each item?) will be randomly drawn by someone else. Winner(s) will be announced on June 24th in what will be my 1074th post.  

18 comments:

  1. Wouldn't mind those vases myself, love 'em all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have more than one "treasure trove of crazy". Your niece has seen your greenhouse? Love the vase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My niece has not seen the greenhouse in person, only on the blog.

      Delete
  3. 4 years huh? Where the heck does time go? Congrats my friend!!!

    Oh and I love this interactive arrangement, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankfully, I don't have to decide weather to draw one name or 5; either way its a very cool idea. I assume the "one comment per post" rule applys :-D
    The hight temps kept me from gardening yesterday, but not from eating dinner outside, in the shade of the giant birch with my feet in the cool grass and a margarita in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are a nice way to cheat on a Monday meme! Congratulations on four fun years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this. And the "flowers" will never wilt.

    The vase is clearly a barrel cactus!!! Well chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What intriguing artefacts, Peter - your niece clearly has no taste!! Are UK bloggers included in the draw...? Well done for 4 years of blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each is lovely all on its own but I was impressed by the combination. I'd forgotten that you've been blogging just about 6 months longer than I have - I always think of you as an old hand at blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I love these porcelain flowers....my aunt had some. And they make a fine vase for a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to celebrate your upcoming 4th anniversary. Love your cheating vase…the green flower is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been following you for 4 years....more like two years but I certainly enjoy your posts and your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be wonderful to win one of these or the whole collection. I'll have to start looking for these on my nursery haunts--somehow I've missed them. I love your interactive display!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, congrats on the (almost) blogaversary! Those are all beautiful, but don't you want to keep them? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Peter, I think I handled each one of those pretty flowers you bought at Vassey's! As you can see, I left them for you. And I left that vase at Watson's too. So glad you scooped them all up and made this wonderful arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just four? It feels like you've been here, in the blogosphere forever, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's to at least another 4 years, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the world loves a...cheater...when it's done so artfully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.