-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, January 2, 2017

In A Vase On Monday

Happy New Year!  In A Vase On Monday is hosted by Cathy at Rambling in the Garden. Click over to her blog to see what others have found to put in a vase on this day. Cathy asks us to utilize plant material of some sort from our own gardens or foraged nearby.  In this case, the blooms were foraged from my front porch.  At hearing the news of a recent event, my sisters sent an arrangement of white blooms.

Roses and alstroemeria.

Oriental lilies, chrysanthemums, and snapdragons.

 Fragrant Stock

I added the boxes in which our wedding rings came but decided to cover up the clear vase.

A square of dichroic glass that I'd draped over a form many years ago did the trick.

The arrangement sits on the dining room table where we enjoy seeing and smelling it several times a day.
How lucky I am to have such loving siblings!

12 comments:

  1. Once again, congratulations on you nuptials!
    The colorful glass pulls it all together by separating the white bouquet from the table. It looks wonderful; the scent in the room must be heavenly! You've recently showed another 'draped' glass form... I'm afraid to ask how many you have :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Chava! There are lots of these draped glass thingies around. I usually keep the defective ones with holes in them or broken pieces. The good ones go out to the stained glass shop to be examples for students and/or get sold.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful arrangement your sisters sent! So it was a surprise to them too? You sneaky boys. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were being very mysterious and I was having to put two and two together but after having read some of the comments I can see I was right - congratulations and my very best wishes to you both. The white arrangement your sisters sent was beautiful and must smell lovely but you have of course personalised them in your own inimitable way. Thanks for sharing, Peter, and have a wonderful 2017

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS Peter!!! Best wishes to both you and Tom! Is your family annoyed that you kept your wedding a secret? My husband and I got married by a traffic court judge without telling anyone beforehand and I heard about it at intervals for years afterward - your sisters seem to be more forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did the same thing. We didn't need a big event. Since we've both done a lot of performing, it would almost seem like another show. For what it's worth, I felt the love of all of my family in the room with me even though they weren't there in person.

      Delete
  5. YAY for beautiful flowers and your gettin' hitched after all these years. We (Andrew and I, sorry I can't speak for Lila) are so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that is cause for celebration...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes to both of you! And that's a lovely January and wedding white bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific news. Congratulation to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how nice…my heartfelt congratulations to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.